Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go yesterday distributed food and cash assistance to the quake-hit residents of Barangay Malasila, Makilala in North Cotabato.
Around 2,400 families – 1750 from Barangay Malasila and 650 from Barangay Luayon – received the assistance.
Go said each family received P3,000 cash, tents, and hygiene kits. The materials, he said, were in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Health (DOH) .
He also said that the National Housing Authority (NHA) will provide houses to the homeless victims.
Other government agencies, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, and other and private groups also provided assistance,” he said.
He said there are many private institutions and individuals who pledge on help.
“I am here as what I promised to them,” said Go who was accompanied by actors Philip Salvador and Robin Padilla in his visit.
Resident Divina Edo, 49, from Barangay Malasila, expressed her gratitude to the government and private groups and individuals who helped them.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories