Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go yesterday distributed food and cash assistance to the quake-hit residents of Barangay Malasila, Makilala in North Cotabato.
Around 2,400 families – 1750 from Barangay Malasila and 650 from Barangay Luayon – received the assistance.
Go said each family received P3,000 cash, tents, and hygiene kits. The materials, he said, were in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Health (DOH) .
He also said that the National Housing Authority (NHA) will provide houses to the homeless victims.
Other government agencies, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, and other and private groups also provided assistance,” he said.
He said there are many private institutions and individuals who pledge on help.
“I am here as what I promised to them,” said Go who was accompanied by actors Philip Salvador and Robin Padilla in his visit.
Resident Divina Edo, 49, from Barangay Malasila, expressed her gratitude to the government and private groups and individuals who helped them.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success