Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go yesterday distributed food and cash assistance to the quake-hit residents of Barangay Malasila, Makilala in North Cotabato.
Around 2,400 families – 1750 from Barangay Malasila and 650 from Barangay Luayon – received the assistance.
Go said each family received P3,000 cash, tents, and hygiene kits. The materials, he said, were in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Health (DOH) .
He also said that the National Housing Authority (NHA) will provide houses to the homeless victims.
Other government agencies, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, and other and private groups also provided assistance,” he said.
He said there are many private institutions and individuals who pledge on help.
“I am here as what I promised to them,” said Go who was accompanied by actors Philip Salvador and Robin Padilla in his visit.
Resident Divina Edo, 49, from Barangay Malasila, expressed her gratitude to the government and private groups and individuals who helped them.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year