Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go yesterday distributed food and cash assistance to the quake-hit residents of Barangay Malasila, Makilala in North Cotabato.
Around 2,400 families – 1750 from Barangay Malasila and 650 from Barangay Luayon – received the assistance.
Go said each family received P3,000 cash, tents, and hygiene kits. The materials, he said, were in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Health (DOH) .
He also said that the National Housing Authority (NHA) will provide houses to the homeless victims.
Other government agencies, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, and other and private groups also provided assistance,” he said.
He said there are many private institutions and individuals who pledge on help.
“I am here as what I promised to them,” said Go who was accompanied by actors Philip Salvador and Robin Padilla in his visit.
Resident Divina Edo, 49, from Barangay Malasila, expressed her gratitude to the government and private groups and individuals who helped them.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?