Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go yesterday distributed food and cash assistance to the quake-hit residents of Barangay Malasila, Makilala in North Cotabato.
Around 2,400 families – 1750 from Barangay Malasila and 650 from Barangay Luayon – received the assistance.
Go said each family received P3,000 cash, tents, and hygiene kits. The materials, he said, were in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Health (DOH) .
He also said that the National Housing Authority (NHA) will provide houses to the homeless victims.
Other government agencies, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, and other and private groups also provided assistance,” he said.
He said there are many private institutions and individuals who pledge on help.
“I am here as what I promised to them,” said Go who was accompanied by actors Philip Salvador and Robin Padilla in his visit.
Resident Divina Edo, 49, from Barangay Malasila, expressed her gratitude to the government and private groups and individuals who helped them.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1