The City, through the Task Force Davao (TFD), has already delivered some 4,000 packs of relief goods to Makilala, North Cotabato for residents affected by the series of strong earthquakes.
Col. Consolito Yecla, TFD commander, said the relief goods were sent to eight evacuation areas and some barangays in Makilala.
Yecla said around 13,000 goods are already repacked and ready for another delivery.
He said donations are still pouring in their headquarters at the Sta. Ana Wharf.
“We received many calls from those who want to help and donate,” Yecla said.
He said most of the donations are coming from the people of Davao, including companies operating here.
Among those big companies who donated are SM Foundation and Universal Robina Corporation, he said.
Yecla said several residents volunteered to repack the goods at the TFD headquarters.
“The relief effort is steady as there are many who wanted to volunteer. It came to a point where we have to say to them to stand-by as there are already enough volunteers repacking the goods,” he said.
Most of the volunteers are walk-in volunteers.
“There are many volunteers… that’s why we don’t have any difficulty in repacking the donations,” he said.
According to him, some volunteers would come as early as 5:30 a.m. and some would leave as late as 3:00 a.m.
TFD will be all hands in receiving donations as they are still accepting donations in their quarters.
“We will be facilitating the movement as ordered by the mayor to deliver it to the people who needed it the most,” he said.
As of now, there is still no order from the mayor on the next delivery.
“We recommend to deliver these goods on Wednesday, but it is still not approved by the mayor,” he said.
Moreover, Icey Romunda of the City Mayor’s Office recorded 131 donors as of Nov. 3.
She also recorded 600 active volunteers helping them in the quarters for repacking the goods.
“There has been an overwhelming number of those who wanted to volunteer. And we are glad to know that many of the people are happy to help,” she said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success