The Southern Philippines Development Authority (SPDA) will present to a delegation from Qatar several big ticket projects in Mindanao for the consideration of the visiting group.
In a press statement from the agency, among the projects that Abdulgani A. Salapuddin, its administrator, will present to the visitors are an oil exploration project in Ligusasan Marsh; peace villages in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay; Sibutu transhipment point; Medical City in Catalunan Pequeno, Davao City; and power plants in Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-tawi.
The press office of the agency told TIMES that it has yet to put value on the projects and that it is expecting that the “foreign visitors will hopefully fund these projects.”
Based on the statement, the 17-member delegation will include a team from the Qatar Fund For Development which will arrive Monday and will still until November 8. This was based on the letter of the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Manila to the Middle East and African Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
The visit, it added, is meant to establish cooperation between the two countries in sustainable development and investments.
The meeting between the delegation and the SPDA will take place Tuesday at the Embassy of Qatar. Also included in the meeting will be representatives of the Mindanao Development Authority, Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council, National Anti-Poverty Commission and Presidential Commission for Urban Poor.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat