The observance of the All Souls Day and All Saints Day in the region was generally peaceful, police said.
Police Regional Director, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the general situation in Davao region was normal during the holidays.
Escobal said there were no significant incidents reported in various police units.
However, hundreds of items banned at cemetery were “deposited” at the police desk. These included 272 bladed weapons and 41 alcoholic drinks.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Kirby John Kraft said security forces will still be at the cemetery until today.
Police arrested a man for possessing illegal drugs in a checkpoint at the entrance of Davao Memorial Park in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District around 3 a.m. on Saturday.
He was identified as Jose Charloz Celebrar, 23, single and resident of Km. 8, Ulas, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized