The observance of the All Souls Day and All Saints Day in the region was generally peaceful, police said.
Police Regional Director, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the general situation in Davao region was normal during the holidays.
Escobal said there were no significant incidents reported in various police units.
However, hundreds of items banned at cemetery were “deposited” at the police desk. These included 272 bladed weapons and 41 alcoholic drinks.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Kirby John Kraft said security forces will still be at the cemetery until today.
Police arrested a man for possessing illegal drugs in a checkpoint at the entrance of Davao Memorial Park in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District around 3 a.m. on Saturday.
He was identified as Jose Charloz Celebrar, 23, single and resident of Km. 8, Ulas, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat