The observance of the All Souls Day and All Saints Day in the region was generally peaceful, police said.
Police Regional Director, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the general situation in Davao region was normal during the holidays.
Escobal said there were no significant incidents reported in various police units.
However, hundreds of items banned at cemetery were “deposited” at the police desk. These included 272 bladed weapons and 41 alcoholic drinks.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Kirby John Kraft said security forces will still be at the cemetery until today.
Police arrested a man for possessing illegal drugs in a checkpoint at the entrance of Davao Memorial Park in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District around 3 a.m. on Saturday.
He was identified as Jose Charloz Celebrar, 23, single and resident of Km. 8, Ulas, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market