Davao Oriental – The Department of Labor and Employment XI (DOLE XI) in close coordination with the Philippine Army 701st Infantry (Kagitingan) Brigade turned over a check amounting to P1 million which is intended for the installation of Solar Power System in Barangay Taocanga, Manay, Davao Oriental set to benefit 100 households in the Indigenous Peoples community.
Another P500,000 check was also turned over to the Calapagan Handicraft Association in Purok Mahayahay, Brgy Calapagan, Lupon in order to improve the organization’s Bamboo Craft production. The said project is set to benefit its 51 members.
The formal turnover of checks was held at the Headquarters of 701st Infantry Kagitingan Brigade in Sitio Magay, Brgy. Don Martin Martin Marundan, City of Mati, Davao Oriental on October 23, 2019.
The two People’s Organizations (POs) were former Underground Mass Organizations supporting the Communist Terrorist New People’s Army but are now strong supporters of the government through the efforts of the Philippine Army.
The 67 Infantry Battalion has facilitated the sourcing out of funds for the People’s Organization in Barangay Taocanga while the 28 Infantry Battalion facilitated for the expansion the bamboo craft production for the People’s Organization in Barangay Calapagan.
The turnover was graced by DOLE XI Assistant Regional Director Jason Balais. It was witnessed by 701st Brigade Deputy Commander Col. Oliver Maquiling, 67th Infantry Battalion Executive Officer Major Juanillio Olfindo Jr., and 28th Infantry Battalion Executive Officer Major Gideon P Toriño.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online