The local government units in Davao del Sur have issued orders for the temporary closure of Mt. Apo following the series of earthquake that hit the area.
In a statement, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) announced that the LGUs initiated closure order of the Sta. Cruz, Digos and Bansalan trails going to Mt. Apo.
The DENR said the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) has not released any resolution declaring the temporary closure of Mt. Apo.
However, it said the concerned LGUs released an advisory on the postponement and rescheduling of climbs “until further notice that it is safe for climbers already.”
“The safety of the climbers is of utmost priority,” the DENR said in a statement.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF