The local government units in Davao del Sur have issued orders for the temporary closure of Mt. Apo following the series of earthquake that hit the area.
In a statement, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) announced that the LGUs initiated closure order of the Sta. Cruz, Digos and Bansalan trails going to Mt. Apo.
The DENR said the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) has not released any resolution declaring the temporary closure of Mt. Apo.
However, it said the concerned LGUs released an advisory on the postponement and rescheduling of climbs “until further notice that it is safe for climbers already.”
“The safety of the climbers is of utmost priority,” the DENR said in a statement.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat