The local government units in Davao del Sur have issued orders for the temporary closure of Mt. Apo following the series of earthquake that hit the area.
In a statement, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) announced that the LGUs initiated closure order of the Sta. Cruz, Digos and Bansalan trails going to Mt. Apo.
The DENR said the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) has not released any resolution declaring the temporary closure of Mt. Apo.
However, it said the concerned LGUs released an advisory on the postponement and rescheduling of climbs “until further notice that it is safe for climbers already.”
“The safety of the climbers is of utmost priority,” the DENR said in a statement.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories