The local government units in Davao del Sur have issued orders for the temporary closure of Mt. Apo following the series of earthquake that hit the area.
In a statement, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) announced that the LGUs initiated closure order of the Sta. Cruz, Digos and Bansalan trails going to Mt. Apo.
The DENR said the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) has not released any resolution declaring the temporary closure of Mt. Apo.
However, it said the concerned LGUs released an advisory on the postponement and rescheduling of climbs “until further notice that it is safe for climbers already.”
“The safety of the climbers is of utmost priority,” the DENR said in a statement.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead