The military’s Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) calls for an orderly disaster relief response for the quake-stricken victims.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, EastMinCom spokesperson, said the EastMinCom has expressed appreciation to the response of different individuals and groups who provided assistance to the affected communities.
However, he said “synchronized, orderly, organized and needs-based conduct of relief operations (should be observed) to attend to the needs of the different affected communities inclusively and equitably.”
In this regard, “we are calling and appealing to those who want to help and provide relief assistance to follow the established protocol of Incident Command System as provided by RA 10121,” Balagtey said.
RA 10121 is the act that strengthens the Philippine disaster risk reduction and management system.
Balagtey said they are encouraging donors to course through the established Incident Command Post (ICP) in every municipality for proper accounting, deployment and monitoring.
He said the mechanism will prevent chaos in the affected communities and discourage unscrupulous individuals to carry out their individual intent by taking advantage of the situation.
The EastMinCom joins the Office of Civil Defense, Department of Social Welfare and Development, different Local Government Units and Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council of the different areas affected by the earthquake for a smooth delivery of relief goods.
EastMinCom commander Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., conducted an ocular inspection and visitation to troops engaged in the humanitarian and disaster response operations in the different earthquake-stricken areas in North Cotabato and Davao Del Sur on Saturday.
Following the recent earthquakes, Santos raised the alert level of all military units and directed the activation of their respective Disaster Response Unit or Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response Task Force.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat