The City Government of Davao released an announcement from Malacanang suspending work in government offices today, October 31, 2019 from 12 noon onwards.
Memorandum Circular No. 69, signed by the Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, states that it is to provide government employees full opportunity to properly observe All Saints Day (November 1) and to allow them to travel to and from the different regions in the country, work in government offices on October 31 is hereby suspended from 12 noon onwards.
However, Medialdea emphasized that ‘agencies whose functions involve the delivery of basic and health services, preparedness/response to disasters and calamities, and/or the performance of the other vital services shall continue with their operations and render the necessary services’.
The suspension of classes in private schools and work in private companies and offices are left to the discretion of their respective heads or employers.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories