The City Government of Davao released an announcement from Malacanang suspending work in government offices today, October 31, 2019 from 12 noon onwards.
Memorandum Circular No. 69, signed by the Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, states that it is to provide government employees full opportunity to properly observe All Saints Day (November 1) and to allow them to travel to and from the different regions in the country, work in government offices on October 31 is hereby suspended from 12 noon onwards.
However, Medialdea emphasized that ‘agencies whose functions involve the delivery of basic and health services, preparedness/response to disasters and calamities, and/or the performance of the other vital services shall continue with their operations and render the necessary services’.
The suspension of classes in private schools and work in private companies and offices are left to the discretion of their respective heads or employers.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?