At least nine are reported injured in a partial collapse of Ecoland 4000 Residences, a property development in Barangay 76A, Davao City.
This after a Magnitude 6.5 earthquake hit Tulunan in North Cotabato anew, around 9 a.m., October 31.
Davao City felt Intensity 6 of the earthquake.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said they were “on top of the situation” as rescue personnel scoured the area for possible trapped victims. None were found as of noon.
As of 11 p.m., responders from Central 911 were still conducting rescue operations in the area, with police not yet confirming additional casualties.
According to Tagsip, eight of the injured were treated on-site, while one was brought to the hospital with a laceration wound, based in initial reports.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology identified Tulunan, Cotabato; Kidapawan City; and Bansalan, Davao del Sur as experiencing Intensity 7.
Elsewhere, it was Intensity 5 in Malungon, Sarangani; Intensity 4 in Kiamba and Alabel, Sarangani; Tupi, South Cotabato; Koronadal City; and General Santos City.
Gingoog City and Cagayan de Oro City experienced Intensity 3.
Mayor Sara Duterte ordered immediate class and work suspensions through Proclamation No. 10, Series of 2019, and encouraged the private sector to do the same.
Duterte visited the area to assess the situation and receive updates from offices such as the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, among others.
The Mayor also ordered structural checks around city buildings.
nformation around 11:30 a.m. from the DCPO said six vehicles were also destroyed in the incident.
The damaged structure, the Himeji Building of Ecoland Residences 4000, only had 15 units occupied during the incident.
The property has 56 rooms, officials said. (photo by Bing Gonzales)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1