The Task Force Davao (TFD) is discouraging the usage of non-transparent garbage bins inside the cemeteries.
Col. Consolito Yecla, TFD commander, also said they are also encouraging the residents to clean up tombs before the weekend.
Yecla said they have coordination meetings with the management of various cemeteries and parks in the city.
“(We) encouraged them not to put non-transparent garbage bins inside the (cemetery),” Yecla said.
He said bladed weapons and other sharp objects will strictly be confiscated during the observance of Undas.
Yecla said TFD will be fielding troopers as early as Wednesday to safeguard the city’s 19 major cemeteries.
With the expected influx of people in terminals, Yecla also said they will also increase TFD visibility at the Davao City Overland Transport Terminal, Bangoy International Airport and seaports.
He said K9s and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) teams will also be deployed in the terminals in support to the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Civil Security Unit (CSU).
Additional personnel will also be deployed in the three main entry points of the city to augment the forces already manning the 24/7 checkpoints.
The TFD has already requested augmentation additional personnel and other assets from the 10th Infantry Division and Joint Task Force Haribon.
Yecla is urging the public to practice the “culture of security” and to give their full cooperation to the security measures imposed by the authorities.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning