Davao City – Veteran parbuster Edwin Cayamanda and Henry Evangelista head the list of winners at the close of Saturday’s (October 26) Par for the Bar golf tournament at the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates.
Cayamanda spearheads the honor roll after winning the overall gross title with 32 points in the one-day tournament which followed the modified Stableford scoring system mode of play.
Evangelista shared the limelight by winning the overall net crown with 44 points.
Completing the winners list are Class A: Pat Barcelona (23) – gross champion, Gary Santiago (11) – net champion, Dave Wison (6) – net 1st r-up, Jeremy Suazo (3) – net 2nd r-up; Class B: Jun Pedro (30) – gross champion, Bong Lu (42) – net champion, Boy Pude (41) – net 1st r-up, Jun Narciso (40) – net 2nd r-up; Class C: Bernard Guzman (21) – gross champion, John Periquit (40) – net champion, Kokoy Alimes (39) – net 1st r-up and Roy Buendia (38) – net 2nd r-up.
The one-day tournament which saw some golfers reaching almost 200 was presented by the College of Legal Education (CLE) of the University of Mindanao in cooperation with the University of Mindanao Alumni Golf Association (UMAGA).
Tournament director Atty. Ronieto Bata of the University of Mindanao College of Law handed the winners with their respective trophies during the awards night held at the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates clubhouse.
The tournament which proceeds go to the University of Mindanao bar operations this November also highlighted the traditional tee off rites as joined by Commissioner Elbert Restauro of the NLRC 8th Division UM Law Alumni, Hon. Judge Ronald Tolentino of the UM College of Law Faculty, Atty. Manuel Nitorreda of the UM Board of Trustees/Corporate Secretary and Arch. Ruben Erickson, UMAGA President.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1