Tapping technology to improve its services, the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD) Mutually Reinforcing Institutions (MRI), has begun rolling out its digitization campaign.
Marilyn Manila, president of CARD MRI Publishing House, said that they are currently working on innovations and digitization.
The bank is expected that the rollout of konek2CARD will be completed before the end of the year. The product is a digital platform using an application through the use of the smart cellular phones.
Manila said that this will bring down the cost and enable them to serve more people in underserved areas. The bank has invested a substantial amount for these technological products, including the security of the accounts, to ensure “that we are able to enhance our efficiency.”
“We need to have a more efficient operations, and all of these goes back to the fact that we are in the business of poverty eradication’,” she added.
The product allows the client to monitor his or her accounts and pay loans, but the bank is expanding its usage to include using it to pay bills and buy electronic loads for their cellular phones.
In this way, the bank is able to maximize the potentials of its system in expanding its reach as well as providing its clients with easy but protected access to their respective accounts. She hopes that by next year, all clients will be able to use the technology.
Manila said that they are also working on their health insurance.
“We are still developing our health insurance which has a certain degree of difficulty. We are working on it and hopefully, this will be made possible in the next two to three years,” Manila said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat