At the second floor of SM City Ecoland, a stall is temporarily set up with a colorful display of arts and crafts made by women at the Davao City Jail Female Dormitory. The Obra sa Paglaum Arts and Crafts Exhibit showcase the skills and talents of women inside the jail.
This activity is part of the celebration of the National Correctional Consciousness Week with the theme “Serbisyong may Malasakit at Kalidad, Alay sa Piitan at Komunidad” which aims to promote the welfare of persons deprived of liberty and foster better relationship between them and the BJMP personnel.
The observance is mandated by Proclamation 551 by President Fidel Ramos
that declares every last week of October as National Correctional Consciousness Week.
This is a three-day exhibit, which will run from October 25 to 27, 2019. The guests during the cutting of ribbon were Precious Anne Legario of SM Ecoland, Dinky and Queenie Munda of Tabularasa, Amy Cabusao of Mindanao Times, Rajan Sujanani of Vaya Wellness and this writer.
By Michelle Yan
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market