At the second floor of SM City Ecoland, a stall is temporarily set up with a colorful display of arts and crafts made by women at the Davao City Jail Female Dormitory. The Obra sa Paglaum Arts and Crafts Exhibit showcase the skills and talents of women inside the jail.
This activity is part of the celebration of the National Correctional Consciousness Week with the theme “Serbisyong may Malasakit at Kalidad, Alay sa Piitan at Komunidad” which aims to promote the welfare of persons deprived of liberty and foster better relationship between them and the BJMP personnel.
The observance is mandated by Proclamation 551 by President Fidel Ramos
that declares every last week of October as National Correctional Consciousness Week.
This is a three-day exhibit, which will run from October 25 to 27, 2019. The guests during the cutting of ribbon were Precious Anne Legario of SM Ecoland, Dinky and Queenie Munda of Tabularasa, Amy Cabusao of Mindanao Times, Rajan Sujanani of Vaya Wellness and this writer.
By Michelle Yan
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?