Mayor Sara Duterte yesterday lauded outgoing Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Director Col. Alexander Tagum for a job well done.
Duterte particularly cited the “zero human rights complaint” during Tagum’s stint as the city police director.
The Mayor was the guest of honor and speaker during the command turn-over ceremony at the parade ground of Camp Capt Leonor Domingo in San Pedro street.
The mayor said Tagum kept the city safe during his term that lasted for over two years.
The successes of various operations implemented by Tagum – Oplan Kalinaw, Fortress, Sagop Kabataan, Iron City and other anti-criminality programs – led to the drop of crime incidents in the city.
She said the city experienced the biggest drop of crime rate last year.
She also cited that the good peace and order situation led to the hosting of various national and international events in the past two years.
The DCPO was also recognized as the Best City Police Office in 2018. Tagum also received a Medalya ng Kasanayan for his performance as DCPO director.
“You have been an invaluable asset of Davao city since your appointment in April 2017,” Duterte said.
“Sir Tagum, thank you very much.”
The mayor said she was not wrong in picking Tagum to be the DCPO chief two years ago.
The mayor was criticized for selecting Tagum as DCPO chief as he was involved in the 2016 bloody North Cotabato dispersal that resulted to the death of three farmers.
In his message, Tagum thanked the support of the mayor and other security enforcement agencies.
Tagum said DCPO, under his term, recorded a 72% reduction of crime rate in the city.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence