Hundreds of individuals were affected by a massive flooding that hit some parts of the southern area of the city Thursday evening.
According to the flood report issued by the City Government in its Facebook page, more than 300 affected individuals, including children, from Barangay Santo Niño in the elevated Tugbok District, have temporarily stayed at the Barangay Hall for evacuation.
In Green Meadows Subdivision at the same barangay, residents relocated to higher grounds as the flood water reached waist-high.
In Barangay Bago Aplaya, a coastal barangay in Talomo District, 25 individuals evacuated from Philoia. They were temporarily housed at the Barangay Hall.
Rescuers also conducted operation in flood-affected area in Gulf View, Bago Aplaya.
Heavy vehicular traffic was noted along MacArthur Highway from Ulas up to Toril area as tributaries of Bago creek overflowed.
The temporary bridge in Matina Pangi became unpassable to motor vehicles because of the overflowing.
Some residents of Catalunan Pequeño affected by flood also did pre-emptive evacuation with the help of the deployed rescuers.
The residents of Matina Pangi affected by flood also conducted preemptive evacation after the alarm system triggered as warning to communities.
According to the information from the rescuers, some of the creeks in the city reached up to Code Red.
The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office issued their call to the residents to always heed to the call of the office and the local officials to conduct pre-emptive evacuation when advised.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1