Davao City – Six teams will see action in this year’s edition of the Acosta Cup Ladies Football competition which reels off on Sunday, October 27 at the University of the Philippines Sports Complex grounds in Mintal.
“We are now on our 16th year and proudly we are growing. From last year’s five-team roster now we have six teams. Aside from it, we will have a chance to play at the world-class UP Sports Complex football field which will be an alternate venue aside from the Tionko football turf,” said City Councilor Mabel Sunga-Acosta on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao Annex.
Defending champion Sikat Alab football team heads this year’s cast to be joined by CR7 Food Truck, RMC Solido, Dolores Football Club of Nabunturan, D’ Davao Survivors and the UP Mindanao ladies football team.
The Acosta Cup now on its 16th edition is in partnership with the City Mayor’s Office, Davao-South Regional Football Association (DRFA) and the University of the Philippines Mindanao. It is also supported by Normining Motorbikes, St. John Paul College of Davao, Vibrant Helicopters Agricultural Corporation, Southern Tourist Inn, Kudos Trucking and Medvil Farms Incorporated.
Acosta will head the traditional ceremonial kick-off which will be at 2:45 p.m. to be followed by two exciting matches with Sikab Alab playing CR7 Food Truck and RMC Solido taking a crack against UP Mindanao.
Games will shift to the Tionko football ground on November 2 with the Dolores FC playing D’ Davao Survivors at 1:30 p.m. and the CR7 Food Truck taking on UP Mindanao at 3 p.m.
Trophies, medals await the champion team, first and second runners-up.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized