Another P375, 000 worth of drugs were seized at the Lasang checkpoint around 5:30 a.m. yesterday, a few days after the huge haul in the Task Force Davao Sirawan checkpoint.
Maj. Ronel Legarde, the spokesperson of TF Davao, said a joint AFP-PNP checkpoint of TG Lawin, TFD and Bunawan police apprehended two persons in the operation. They were identified as Jay Conol Sasil, 47, a resident of Holy Cross, Agdao, Davao City; and Jay Mark Gonesto Torejas, 36, a resident of San Miguel Street, Dumanlas, Buhangin District.
Intercepted from Sasil’s possession was one jumbo size sachet of shabu with an estimated weight of 13 grams. The estimated street value of the drugs was placed at P195,000.
Meanwhile, Torejas was also hiding 12.5 grams of shabu with an estimated street value of P180,750.
They were on board a Starex van with plate number MCX 134, driven by Sasil, coming from Mati City, Davao Oriental.
During the inspection, one Cafgu noticed an empty marker pen on the dashboard. He quickly became suspicious and requested backup for a thorough inspection.
The suspects and recovered items were turned over to the Bunawan Police Station.
On Oct. 21, Aiveen Rey Alimpoos, a resident of Km. 12, Balinao Site in Barangay Sasa, was apprehended in the Sirawan checkpoint in Toril District. Seized from him was a total 69.79 grams of shabu with a street value of P1.11 million.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of TF Davao, said that although their main task is to protect Davao City from terrorist attack, they will continue to support the government’s anti-drug campaign.
Yecla said the TF Davao conducted last week a workshop for sharing of best practices in drug apprehension. Participants also learned tactics, techniques, and procedures to enhance the campaign against illegal drugs.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again