DAVAO CITY — The Gov. Claude P. Bautista Invitational Boxing Derby will be held at the Malita Municipal Gym on Oct. 27 at Malita, Davao Occidental.
Provincial sports coordinator Leo Manisan said six teams were invited to see action in a one-day slugfest.
Boxers will come from this city, Panabo City, Compostela Valley Province, Davao del Sur, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte, and Davao Occidental.
The categories are 38kg, 42kg and 44kg for schoolboys; 46kg, 48kg, and 50kg for junior boys; 49kg, 52kg, 56kg, and 60kg for youth boys.
‘‘The teams will all weigh-in in the morning of Oct. 27 while the tournament will start at 2 p.m.,’’ Manisan said.
The event is a part of the fourth founding anniversary of Davao Occidental.
By Lito Delos Reyes
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village