The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) has devised a map showing the evacuation route for residents of disaster-prone areas, particularly in the coastal areas.
In its Facebook post, CDRRMO posted the announcement to ready Davaoeños in times of storm surge or tsunami.
“Attention Davaoeños! In case of strong earthquake that will cause tsunami and typhoon that will cause storm surge, follow the evacuation route near to your area going to the designated evacuation site. Orient yourself to the map we provide for your reference,” it said.
For the Barangays of Sirawan, Binugao, Lazada, and nearby areas, the evacuation areas are the Catigan Gym and the Villa de Mercedes.
For the Bago Aplaya, Barangays of Dumoy, Daliao, and nearby areas, the evacuation areas are the Baliok Elementary School, the South Pacific Homes, and the University of the Philippines-Mindanao.
For Barangays Bucana, Matina Aplaya and nearby areas, the identified evacuation area is Shrine Hills. For Barangay Talomo and nearby areas, the evacuation areas are the St. Francis Xavier Seminary, the Catalunan Grande Elementary School, and the Forest Hill.
Likewise, for Barangays 27C, 23C, 22C, 31D and nearby areas, the evacuation sites are the Rizal Memorial Colleges Gym and the Manila Memorial Park.
For Barangays Lapu-lapu, Centro Agdao, V. Duterte, Leon Garcia and nearby areas, the evacuation site is the University of Immaculate Conception in Bajada.
For Barangays Panacan, Sasa and nearby areas, the evacuation area is at the Clubhouse (formerly Sun City), the Jose Maria College, and the Old Airport.
For Barangays Vicente Hizon, Pampanga and nearby areas, the evacuation site is also the old airport. While for Barangays Tibungco, Ilang and nearby areas, the evacuation sites are the Indangan Gym and the Rancho Palos Verdes.
For Bunawan, Lasang and nearby areas, the evacuation area is the Mahayag Gym.
Mayor Sara Duterte earlier announced that the CDRRMO does not stop in identifying high-risk areas and identifying assistance to such.
“The CDRRMO continues to conduct risk assessment for families living in high-risk areas and refer them to the City Planning and Development Office and the City Social Services and Development Office for assistance relocation,” she said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission