The Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival Davao, a five-day festival, will kick off on Oct. 25 in Cinematheque Center Davao.
“Its gonna be an Asian festival, we have guests from other countries, other regions, and even international short films,” Bagane Fiola, Festival Director said.
He added that the festival would cultivate young creators and also introduce the audience to the genre.
“We have expanded our horizon to other definition of what Ngilngig is. Since it is our first time doing the Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival Davao so the competitions are coming from asia,” Macky Cabrera, festival programmer, said.
He added that it is going to be a genre-bending festival, catering to a lot of genres, including romance and science fiction.
One of the features of the festival is the film criticism workshop attended by guest speakers like John Bengan, a professor from University of the Philippines-Mindanao and a member of the YCC Film Desk, alongside workshop director and festival programmer, Jay Rosas.
There will be also a talk about the Philippine horror genre by Ed Cabagnot, film professor at the De La Salle University-Manila and University of the Philippines-Diliman.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market