The Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival Davao, a five-day festival, will kick off on Oct. 25 in Cinematheque Center Davao.
“Its gonna be an Asian festival, we have guests from other countries, other regions, and even international short films,” Bagane Fiola, Festival Director said.
He added that the festival would cultivate young creators and also introduce the audience to the genre.
“We have expanded our horizon to other definition of what Ngilngig is. Since it is our first time doing the Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival Davao so the competitions are coming from asia,” Macky Cabrera, festival programmer, said.
He added that it is going to be a genre-bending festival, catering to a lot of genres, including romance and science fiction.
One of the features of the festival is the film criticism workshop attended by guest speakers like John Bengan, a professor from University of the Philippines-Mindanao and a member of the YCC Film Desk, alongside workshop director and festival programmer, Jay Rosas.
There will be also a talk about the Philippine horror genre by Ed Cabagnot, film professor at the De La Salle University-Manila and University of the Philippines-Diliman.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence