Davao City – A brand new Yamaha golf cart, a motorcycle along with a LED television, a 12-month free gasoline from Westoil and an airconditioner will be at stake as hole-in-one prizes on this weekend’s Par for the Bar Open golf tournament which tees off October 26 at the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates.
These prizes will be at stake on designated holes on par three fairways for participating golfers who scores a rare ace in the scheduled one-day golf tournament presented by the College of Legal Education (CLE) of the University of Mindanao in cooperation with the University of Mindanao Alumni Golf Association (UMAGA).
If not won, organizers said, the airconditioner and the LED television will be raffled off during the awarding rites to be held on that evening at the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates clubhouse.
Registration fee which is now ongoing at the South Pacific Golf is pegged at P2,500 inclusive golf shirt, a mulligan and a free practice round in which can be used on Thursday (October 24) and Friday (October 25).
Close to 200 entries are expected to compete in the Class A, B and C categories using the Modified Stableford format mode of play.
Tournament director Att. Ronieto Bata of the University of Mindanao College of Law will head the traditional ceremonial rites along with other dignitaries at 10 a.m.
Proceeds of the tournament will go to the University of Mindanao bar operations this November.
Backing the event are Diamond, Delsey Paris, DMI Medical Supply Co. Inc. Motortrade, Tagum Golf Club and Westoil. Also supporting the event as bronze sponsors are Magnificus Juris Reviews and Seminars Incorporated, Stratlink, Airpro, Davao Bamboo Sanctuary and Pioneer Insurance. Donors are Tanduay, Davies Paint, MBG Security and Investigation Services, UM Records and Admissions Center. Benefactors include tito Marcs Restaurant and Catering Services, Rex Bookstore, McMai Cebu Trading Corporation, The Boatman Outdoors, RS Aberto Surveying and Mapping Services, Nth Geographics and Geometrics and Lyn DC.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market