Davao City – Close to 200 entries are expected to troop to the fairways of the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates for the 2019 Par for the Bar golf tournament this Saturday, October 26.
These entries are seen to compete in the Class A, B and C categories using the Modified Stableford format mode of play plus chances to win hole-in-one prizes on designated par 3 fairways.
Hole-in-one prizes at stake include a Yamaha golf cart, a motorcycle, a LED television, a 12-month free gasoline from Westoil and an airconditioner.
Tournament director Att. Ronieto Bata will usher the traditional ceremonial rites at 10 a.m. of the one-day competition which is in cooperation with the University of Mindanao Alumni Golf Association (UMAGA) and backed by Delsey Paris, DMI Medical Supply Co. Inc., Motortrade and Westoil as Diamond sponsors.
Registration fee which is now ongoing at the South Pacific Golf is pegged at P2,500 inclusive golf shirt, a mulligan and a free practice round in which can be used on Thursday (October 24) and Friday (October 25).
Proceeds of the tournament will go to the University of Mindanao bar operations this November.
Also supporting the event as bronze sponsors are Magnificus Juries Reviews and Seminars Incorporated, Davao Bamboo Sanctuary and Pioneer Insurance. Donors are Davies Paint, MBG Security and Investigation Services, UM Records and Admissions Center, UM and Affiliates Employees Credit Cooperative. Benefactors include tito Marcs Restaurant and Catering Services, Rex Bookstore, McMai Cebu Trading Corporation, The Boatman Outdoors, RS Aberto Surveying and Mapping Services, Nth Geographics and Geometrics, Sledgers Shoes and Lyn DC.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months