Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go visited and distributed cash and food assistance to the residents of the 22 barangays affected by the 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur on Monday.
“I am asking the local government here in Magsaysay to help and go to the remote areas who are affected of the earthquake so that the government service can be reach out to them,” he said. “Also, the National Housing Authority is here to help to identify those who need the help and how far we can do to give them relocation site.”
Mayor Arturo Davin of Magsaysay in Davao Del Sur said they have already issued forced evacuation in those areas Malawanot, Tagaytay and Sitio Labinangan in Barangay Upper Bala.
The 22 barangays are Barangays Bacungan, Bala, Balnate, Barayong, Blocon, Dalawinon, Dalumay, Glamang, Kanapolo, Kasuga, Mabini, Maibo, Malawanit, Malongon, New Ilocos, New Opon, Poblacion, San Isidro, San Miguel, Tacul, Tagaytay and Upper bala.
“Also, the bridge that connects Bansalan and Magsaysay, he said there was a crack there but we still have to check it,” he added.
He also said that total damage houses already reached 1,100 and more or less 350 were totally damaged. The mayor also said that within the week they will occupy the lower ground of the municipal hall but in the second floor is not allowed since there will be repairs that will be conducted on the ceilings.
“So, the other offices located around the municipal hall, including my office, will continue so that the service to the people will not be paralyzed,” he added.
Meanwhile, Go also asked the public not to easily believe unverified information.
“You should listen and watch over the news and wait for the Office of Civil Defense and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office,” he added.
However, he said the public still need to be vigilant and follow the instructions in earthquake drills.
In a separate interview, Jiovani Roda, the father of a 2-year-old boy Cris joy who died in the earthquake, told repoters that he wasn’t around when the ground shook. He was installing the water faucet of their neighbor some 200 meters away. He ran to their house and stumbled upon a tragic event.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success