Police seized illegal drugs worth more than P1 million from a recidivist drug pusher in a military-police checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District yesterday afternoon.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the Toril Police Station Commander, identified the suspect as Aiveen Rey Lupo Alimpoos, 37, a resident of Km. 12, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
Clamor said Alimpoos was released from jail last year in another drug case after entering a plea bargaining.
He said checkpoint operatives, under his command and the Task Force Davao led by Major Reynaldo Geslaga, apprehended Alimpoos at 2:21 p.m. yesterday.
The police commander said operatives noted that the suspect threw a small paper bag while passing the motorcycle lane at the checkpoint.
This prompted the personnel manning the checkpoint to accost and investigate him.
The suspect attempted to escape as he resisted the authorities. A scuffle ensued.
A police officer was able to recover from his possession a paper bag containing sachets filled with white substances, which later tested to be shabu.
They also recovered the paper bag that the suspect threw. It also contained sachets filled with shabu.
They recovered 17 sachets of shabu with a street value of P1.1 million.
Operatives also seized the suspect’s black motorcycle, bearing plate number 6723, a brown jacket, and cash amounting to P20,800.
The suspect and evidence were brought to the Toril Police Station as drug charges against him are now prepared.
Clamor said he heard the name of Alimpoos in their prior investigation in drug cases but he could not find link as the suspect was distributing drugs in Sasa area.
It was just a chance, he admitted, that they apprehended him in the checkpoint.
He said the drugs came from Maguindanao.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories