The Office of Civil Defense XI warned the public against believing the messages circulating in Facebook regarding the possible 8.0 magnitude earthquake that will occur after the 6.3 earthquake in Tulunan, North Cotabato.
In their Facebook post, the National Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Center (NDRRMC) supposedly shared a warning regarding an 8.0 magnitude earthquake that come soon.
The OCD XI said the hoax caused fear and panic again, especially in Davao del Sur.
It said there’s no truth to the information being shared because no technology is capable of predicting an earthquake.
But the OCD XI said that because of the Tulunan earthquake last Oct. 19, the region will continue to experience aftershocks. The office then urged the public to be vigilant and also to verify the information they receive.
Finally, the public is also urged to check official pages of the OCD XI, disaster risk reduction and mangement offices, and Philvocs-DOST XI.
Meanwhile, on Sunday night, a 5.1 magnitude earthquake was felt in Kiblawan, Davao del Sur. Also an intensity 4.9 in Matanao and intensity 4.8 in Sulop, Davao del Sur were also registered by Philvocs.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos