The Office of Civil Defense XI warned the public against believing the messages circulating in Facebook regarding the possible 8.0 magnitude earthquake that will occur after the 6.3 earthquake in Tulunan, North Cotabato.
In their Facebook post, the National Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Center (NDRRMC) supposedly shared a warning regarding an 8.0 magnitude earthquake that come soon.
The OCD XI said the hoax caused fear and panic again, especially in Davao del Sur.
It said there’s no truth to the information being shared because no technology is capable of predicting an earthquake.
But the OCD XI said that because of the Tulunan earthquake last Oct. 19, the region will continue to experience aftershocks. The office then urged the public to be vigilant and also to verify the information they receive.
Finally, the public is also urged to check official pages of the OCD XI, disaster risk reduction and mangement offices, and Philvocs-DOST XI.
Meanwhile, on Sunday night, a 5.1 magnitude earthquake was felt in Kiblawan, Davao del Sur. Also an intensity 4.9 in Matanao and intensity 4.8 in Sulop, Davao del Sur were also registered by Philvocs.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success