The Office of Civil Defense XI warned the public against believing the messages circulating in Facebook regarding the possible 8.0 magnitude earthquake that will occur after the 6.3 earthquake in Tulunan, North Cotabato.
In their Facebook post, the National Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Center (NDRRMC) supposedly shared a warning regarding an 8.0 magnitude earthquake that come soon.
The OCD XI said the hoax caused fear and panic again, especially in Davao del Sur.
It said there’s no truth to the information being shared because no technology is capable of predicting an earthquake.
But the OCD XI said that because of the Tulunan earthquake last Oct. 19, the region will continue to experience aftershocks. The office then urged the public to be vigilant and also to verify the information they receive.
Finally, the public is also urged to check official pages of the OCD XI, disaster risk reduction and mangement offices, and Philvocs-DOST XI.
Meanwhile, on Sunday night, a 5.1 magnitude earthquake was felt in Kiblawan, Davao del Sur. Also an intensity 4.9 in Matanao and intensity 4.8 in Sulop, Davao del Sur were also registered by Philvocs.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories