Penong’s, a homegrown restaurant, plans to open its first international branch in Singapore.
According to Henry Mahilum, Penong’s Franchising Corporation VP for operations, reporters in a press conference that the Singapore franchise branch will be opened by local businessman Bong Flores.
In the soon-to-open Singapore branch, Mahilum said, the chicken will be sourced from the tiny Asian country while Penong’s will take care of the marination and mixes.
Mahilum said their monthly consumption of chicken reaches 80 tons nationwide.
“We doubled our consumption with the increase of branches. We have an abundant supply here, so it is not a problem,” he said, adding that they only source fresh chicken, not frozen, to maintain quality.
“Maybe, Penong’s grew bigger because we continuously serve our clients with high-quality products, excellent services, and cleanliness and condition of each restaurant,” he shared.
Penong currently has 39 branches nationwide. The parent company eyes to open five more branches before the year ends in Valencia City, Pasay City (SM by the Bay – SM Mall of Asia), Dumaguete City, SM City Gensan, and Barangay Ma-a in Davao City.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market