Penong’s, a homegrown restaurant, plans to open its first international branch in Singapore.
According to Henry Mahilum, Penong’s Franchising Corporation VP for operations, reporters in a press conference that the Singapore franchise branch will be opened by local businessman Bong Flores.
In the soon-to-open Singapore branch, Mahilum said, the chicken will be sourced from the tiny Asian country while Penong’s will take care of the marination and mixes.
Mahilum said their monthly consumption of chicken reaches 80 tons nationwide.
“We doubled our consumption with the increase of branches. We have an abundant supply here, so it is not a problem,” he said, adding that they only source fresh chicken, not frozen, to maintain quality.
“Maybe, Penong’s grew bigger because we continuously serve our clients with high-quality products, excellent services, and cleanliness and condition of each restaurant,” he shared.
Penong currently has 39 branches nationwide. The parent company eyes to open five more branches before the year ends in Valencia City, Pasay City (SM by the Bay – SM Mall of Asia), Dumaguete City, SM City Gensan, and Barangay Ma-a in Davao City.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid