A father who allegedly sexually molested his daughter for four years was arrested by the police after the victim sought police help.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, the Police Regional Office XI director, said the father, Lan, is now under police custody and charges will be filed against him.
Morales said the victim, a 15-year-old Grade 10 student from Sta. Maria, Davao Occidental, sought police help on Thursday after another sexual attack.
The girl said her father attempted to rape her at around 3 p.m. last Thursday.
Morales said the victim claimed that her father first sexually molested her when she was just in Grade 7.
Prior to Thursday’s attempt, she was molested last Oct. 10.
She said her father abused her every time her mother was selling food in the neighborhood.
“According to the victim, she was hesitant to disclose the abuses to her mother because of the death threats made by her father,” Morales said.
The Sta. Maria town police immediately arrested the suspect.
The police director said the girl and her mother were immediately referred to the social workers for counseling and other trauma interventions.
“We will ensure the safety of the victim, especially that the perpetrator is her father,” Morales said.
He said some family members may influence the victim not to push through the case. “We do not want that to happen,” Morales said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market