Thirty-three mass supporters of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the 71st Infantry Battalion at its headquarters in Mawab, Compostela Valley on Friday.
2Lt. Kim Carlos, the newly designated Civil-Military Operations (CMO) officer of 71st IB, said the surrenderers were members of the communal farming that the NPA, led by Kumander Roy (Renante Mantos), organized in Barangay Libudon, Mabini, Compostela Valley.
Carlos said the farmers felt exploited because the NPAs required them to participate in other activities that no longer concern them. Hence, they decided to seek help from the military.
Rimboy, 35, said the NPA promised them to have an improved farming system. But it was just a lie, he said.
He said no new farming system was introduced but instead, they were obliged to join mass rallies.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market