At least 20 schools in the city sustained cracks following the earthquake last Wednesday night.
Rodrigo Bustillo, the Chief Operations Officer of the City Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO), said major cracks on beams were noted at the Buildings 1 and 2 of the Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School (DRANHS) in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District. The DRANHS decided not to temporarily hold classes at the affected buildings pending repairs.
Minor cracks on walls were found in 20 other schools. They are Elias Lopez High School, Calinan National High School, Gumalang High School, Tacunan High School, Crossing Bayabas National High School, Baguio National High School, Duterte National High School, A. Mabini Elementary School, Tagurano Elementary School, Catigan Elementary School, Tacunan Elementary School, Sirib Elementary School, Magsaysay Elementary School, Imelda Elementary School, Elpidio Quirino Elementary School, San Roque Elementary School, Piedad Elementary School, Loyola Elementary School, Catalunan Grande Day Care Center, and Callawa Day Care Center.
Cracks were also noted at the buildings of Catalunan Grande Ministry Center, Barangay Hall 20-B in Poblacion District, and Quiñones Compound in Matina Crossing.
The CDRRMO also noted cracks in the national highway in Barangay Baganihan, Marilog District.
Three major establishments in the city also sustained damages. Cracks at walls were noted at SM Lanang, SM Ecloand and Abreeza Mall.
A house in Farland, Dacoville was also burned following the quake.
In an interview yesterday, Bustillo said no dead and missing persons were reported in the city.
Only seven persons were reportedly injured as they fainted during the quake.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission