The 10th Infantry Division revealed that no more Salugpongan schools are operating in the region following the closure order of the Department of Education XI.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th ID spokesperson, said this was confirmed from the meeting of the Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict and the reports on the ground.
“Only left in the areas are their structures,” Lamosao said, adding that local chieftains and residents have asked that the structures be demolished.
“So, we have seen that they don’t want to reminisce in their minds the hardships they experienced because of the Salugpongan schools, ” he said.
Lamosao said that so many students of Salugpongan Ta Tanu Igkanogon Community Learning Center were not accepted to higher levels of education because the curriculum wasn’t recognized.
“If it will not be closed (down), more students can become victims and used, ” he further said.
However, the 10th ID spokesman said that they are continuously monitoring the situation on the ground. They have been requested by the DepEd and the Department of Social Welfare and Development to help implement the closure order.
Last week, the DepEd handed down the order to fully shutter Salugpongan and its affiliate schools after months of investigation. The recommendation was based on the investigation of the five-member fact-finding committee that the DepEd created.
They are also requesting all student records to be turned over to the DepEd Schools Division Office for proper custody.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market