Government workers on job orders and contracts of service will enjoy a slight increase in salary starting next year.
“As our commitment to continually provide better pay for our employees, there will be another increase of P220.00/month (P10.00/day x 22 working days) in the salaries of our job order and contract of service personnel beginning January 2020,” Mayor Sara Duterte said in her State of the City Address.
The increase, Duterte said, will ensure that temporary workers are paid the same minimum wage enjoyed by plantilla employees.
“The aim is to ensure that their salaries will, in the future, equal the minimum of our lowest permanent position. We recognize that even though they are not employees of the city, they nevertheless, work hard like any of us,” she added.
“Some of these CS and JO personnel have the same job description with some permanent employees so it is not rightful that we do not give them the same salary,” the mayor expounded.
Duterte added that each JO and CS personnel is ensured to receive a monthly wage of not less than P10,000.
“We already allocated a budget for their salary increase next year,” Duterte said.
Out of 13,000 city government personnel, around 10,000 are JO and CS workers.
For 2019, the city government has increased the salary rate of JO and CS personnel, beyond the mandatory minimum wage set by the Department of Labor and Employment for employees within Davao City.
“While the 2019 minimum wage is set at P396.00/day, the lowest salary rate for job order personnel in the city government is pegged at P455.00/day,” Duterte said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success