DTI-Davao will be recognizing business establishments who have upheld the consumer’s rights and responsibilities on October 18 during the Regional Consumers Congress.
Sixteen business establishments will be given the Bagwis Awards. Three businesses, all coming from Davao del Norte will be given Gold seal. Eight businesses will receive silver and five businesses will be given the Bronze.
“The basic requirement for the Bagwis Award is a consumer welfare desk, full compliance to the fair trade laws such as recognizing the consumer rights and responsibilities, the imposition of discounts for senior citizens, the compliance to price tag law, among others,” Roque said.
The Silver awards are accorded to businesses that have corporate social responsibilities (CSR) programs in addition to the initial requirements. To qualify for the Gold category, the businesses must have the initial requirements, CSR programs, and quality management system or ISO Certification.
Last year, there were a total of 16 gold awardees, 11 silver awardees, and 19 for bronze.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021