DTI-Davao will be recognizing business establishments who have upheld the consumer’s rights and responsibilities on October 18 during the Regional Consumers Congress.
Sixteen business establishments will be given the Bagwis Awards. Three businesses, all coming from Davao del Norte will be given Gold seal. Eight businesses will receive silver and five businesses will be given the Bronze.
“The basic requirement for the Bagwis Award is a consumer welfare desk, full compliance to the fair trade laws such as recognizing the consumer rights and responsibilities, the imposition of discounts for senior citizens, the compliance to price tag law, among others,” Roque said.
The Silver awards are accorded to businesses that have corporate social responsibilities (CSR) programs in addition to the initial requirements. To qualify for the Gold category, the businesses must have the initial requirements, CSR programs, and quality management system or ISO Certification.
Last year, there were a total of 16 gold awardees, 11 silver awardees, and 19 for bronze.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid