DTI-Davao will be recognizing business establishments who have upheld the consumer’s rights and responsibilities on October 18 during the Regional Consumers Congress.
Sixteen business establishments will be given the Bagwis Awards. Three businesses, all coming from Davao del Norte will be given Gold seal. Eight businesses will receive silver and five businesses will be given the Bronze.
“The basic requirement for the Bagwis Award is a consumer welfare desk, full compliance to the fair trade laws such as recognizing the consumer rights and responsibilities, the imposition of discounts for senior citizens, the compliance to price tag law, among others,” Roque said.
The Silver awards are accorded to businesses that have corporate social responsibilities (CSR) programs in addition to the initial requirements. To qualify for the Gold category, the businesses must have the initial requirements, CSR programs, and quality management system or ISO Certification.
Last year, there were a total of 16 gold awardees, 11 silver awardees, and 19 for bronze.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success