Thirty-one members of the New People’s Army (NPA), including high-ranking leader, were neutralized in Eastern Mindanao area since Jan. 1 this year.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the figures were presented during the Eastern Mindanao Command-Directorate for Integrated Police Operations Eastern Mindanao Inter-Agency Peace and Security Campaign Progress Review and Assessment on Oct. 14, 2019.
The activity was held at the Bayanihan Center, and attended by top military commanders and police officers in Eastern Mindanao.
Of the total, three were killed, 15 surrendered, and 13 were captured during clashes. Two of them held a position in the Mindanao committee level, seven in the regional committee level, six in the sub-regional level, 10 held a position in the front committee level, and six were platoon leaders.
Four of them were arrested in different areas in Eastern Mindanao on Oct. 10, 2019. Melissa Comiso, a finance officer of the Mindanao Committee and Nore Torregosa, alias Johnny, an intelligence officer of the NPA in Northern Mindanao were arrested during law enforcement operations in Limaha, Butuan City, Agusan Del Norte.
Virgilio Lincuna, head of the regional urban committee of the NPA in Northern Mindanao, was arrested in Tiniwasan, Butuan City, Agusan Norte, while Nicanor Pason alias Costan, a front secretary of the NPA in Far South Mindanao was arrested in Kalaong, Maitum, Sarangani Province.
Meanwhile, a total of 152 NPA regular members were neutralized during the third quarter of 2019. Thirteen of them were killed while 129 surrendered and 10 were arrested.
Additionally, 1,441 members of the Underground Mass Organizations or UGMOs in various areas of Eastern Mindanao dissociated themselves from the NPA during the same period.
Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of Eastern Mindanao Command, directed his commanders to continue the gains they’ve accomplished in recent months.
“With our consolidated efforts, we are now eliminating the armed threat as manifested by the cascade of surrenders by the (NPA members and leaders,” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021