A police officer from Northern Mindanao, bound to the city onboard a motorcycle, died after a head-on collision with a truck in Upper Tamugan, Barangay Tamugan, Marilog District early yesterday morning.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the fatality as Lt. Aliper dela Camara Mendoza, 41, married, an officer of Police Regional Office 10, and resident of Purok Apitong, Maranding, Lala, Lanao del Norte.
The driver of the other vehicle, Julito Hepgano Ancajas, 55, married and resident of Riverside Bankerohan, is already in police custody.
According to the DCPO’s report, the two involved vehicles – Mendoza’s BMW 1000cc motorcycle and Ancajas’ Isuzu truck with plate number ANA 7568 registered in the name of Crispulo Julom – were traveling along Davao-Bukidnon National Highway in opposite direction around 5:30 a.m.
The motorcycle, bound to the city poblacion, was ascending in a curved portion of the road along Tamugan when it bumped into the truck. The report did not state which vehicle was on the wrong path.
The victim was rushed by the responding Medical 911 to the hospital. But he was declared dead-on-arrival by the attending physician of Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan due to multiple injuries in the different parts of his body.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online