A police officer from Northern Mindanao, bound to the city onboard a motorcycle, died after a head-on collision with a truck in Upper Tamugan, Barangay Tamugan, Marilog District early yesterday morning.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the fatality as Lt. Aliper dela Camara Mendoza, 41, married, an officer of Police Regional Office 10, and resident of Purok Apitong, Maranding, Lala, Lanao del Norte.
The driver of the other vehicle, Julito Hepgano Ancajas, 55, married and resident of Riverside Bankerohan, is already in police custody.
According to the DCPO’s report, the two involved vehicles – Mendoza’s BMW 1000cc motorcycle and Ancajas’ Isuzu truck with plate number ANA 7568 registered in the name of Crispulo Julom – were traveling along Davao-Bukidnon National Highway in opposite direction around 5:30 a.m.
The motorcycle, bound to the city poblacion, was ascending in a curved portion of the road along Tamugan when it bumped into the truck. The report did not state which vehicle was on the wrong path.
The victim was rushed by the responding Medical 911 to the hospital. But he was declared dead-on-arrival by the attending physician of Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan due to multiple injuries in the different parts of his body.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1