A police officer from Northern Mindanao, bound to the city onboard a motorcycle, died after a head-on collision with a truck in Upper Tamugan, Barangay Tamugan, Marilog District early yesterday morning.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the fatality as Lt. Aliper dela Camara Mendoza, 41, married, an officer of Police Regional Office 10, and resident of Purok Apitong, Maranding, Lala, Lanao del Norte.
The driver of the other vehicle, Julito Hepgano Ancajas, 55, married and resident of Riverside Bankerohan, is already in police custody.
According to the DCPO’s report, the two involved vehicles – Mendoza’s BMW 1000cc motorcycle and Ancajas’ Isuzu truck with plate number ANA 7568 registered in the name of Crispulo Julom – were traveling along Davao-Bukidnon National Highway in opposite direction around 5:30 a.m.
The motorcycle, bound to the city poblacion, was ascending in a curved portion of the road along Tamugan when it bumped into the truck. The report did not state which vehicle was on the wrong path.
The victim was rushed by the responding Medical 911 to the hospital. But he was declared dead-on-arrival by the attending physician of Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Calinan due to multiple injuries in the different parts of his body.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success