The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) has announced that the city government will implement next year the collection of parking fee in certain streets in the city.
“Effective January 1, 2020,” the CTTMO said on its official Facebook page.
It said the CTTMO and all the enforcement arms of the city government will implement City Ordinance No. 052, Series of 2013, the ordinance that amended Ordinance No. 153-A, Series of 1990, entitled An Ordinance imposing Parking Fees on all vehicle owners/drivers for using certain streets in Davao City as Parking Spaces and for other purposes.
CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude, in a text message, said the implementation of the pay parking is also mandated under Comprehensive Transport and Traffic Code of Davao City (C.O. No. 0334, Series of 2012).
With the said governing laws, the CTTMO will establish, mark and designate portions of a thoroughfare as on-street public pay parking zones.
“Pay parking shall commence beginning 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., from Monday to Saturday,” it said.
For the initial phase of the public pay parking zone implementation, the CTTMO will cover the streets of San Pedro, Ilustre, Pelayo, Iñigo, Villa Abrille, Monteverde, and Duterte.
The CTTMO will impose the parking rates on different types of vehicles.
For trucks and buses, a fee of P100 will be imposed for the first two hours and P20 for the succeeding hours.
For light vehicles, there will be a fee of P20 for the first two hours and P10 for the succeeding hours.
For motorcycles, a P5 fee will be imposed for the first two hours and P1 every succeeding hours and for the bicycle, there will be P2 fee for the first two hours and P1 for every succeeding hours.
Abude said this is the first time for the ordinance to be implemented since it was approved in 2013.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning