The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Region XI is inviting developers and inventors to join the Regional Invention Contest and Exhibits 2019 on Oct. 28 to 30 at the SMX Convention Center.
“We are inviting inventors, developers, programmers and kahit yung mga hobbyist kung meron silang mga projects or potential inventions, utility models puwede silang sumali,” said Arnel Rodriguez, DOST XI senior science research specialist.
Rodriguez said they are now accepting entries for the contest and exhibits. The competition is open for Filipino inventors and researchers, both from the public and the private sector who are residing within the region.
“Meron din po tayo for creative research for professionals, kahit nga yung out-of-school youths natin puwede dito po,” he added.
Inventors may qualify in five categories – the Tuklas Award for the most outstanding invention, Outstanding Utility Model, Outstanding Industrial Award, Likha Award for the most outstanding research and development of a technology, and Sibol Award for the most creative research in high school and college levels.
He said they are expecting about 24 exhibitors and 40 inventors to participate in the event.
The first prize will receive P50,000 cash prize and will be qualified for the National Invention Contest and Exhibits in 2020.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories