Davao City — International Boxing Federation World super flyweight champion Jerwin ‘Pretty Boy’ Ancajas of Panabo City will defend his title for the 8th time against Jonathan Javier ‘Titan’ Rodriguez of Mexico on Nov. 2 at the Dignity Heath Sports Park in Carson, California, USA.
The 27-year old Ancajas recently retired Ryuichi Funai of Japan in the 6th round last May 4 in Stockton, California.
Ancajas, a southpaw now has a total of 31 wins with 21 knockouts against one loss and two draws. He is scheduled to leave on Oct. 18 together with coach-manager Joven Jimenez.
Also part of the coaching staff are Daniel Lim, John Mark Alimane, Miller Alapormina, George Nuez and Alex Abilar.
Rodriguez, on the other hand, TKO’d Felipe Orucuta of Mexico in the 10th round last June 7.
The 24-year old Rodriguez earlier beat Juan Alberto Castro by a unanimous decision for the WBC FECOMBOX super flyweight title last April 26.
Rodriguez now has 21 wins with 15 knockouts against one loss.
The promoters are Bob Arum of Top Rank and Fernando Beltran of Promociones Zanfer.
By Lito Delos Reyes
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach