Two alleged teenage drug couriers from Marawi City yielded more than P500,000 in shabu during a buy-bust operation yesterday morning.
The suspects were identified as Saybin Abubakar Mala, 19, unemployed, and a resident of Barangay Sugod, Marawi City; and Jalanie Panganiban, 18, jobless, and a resident of same address. Confiscated from them were 55 grams of suspected shabu.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, police regional office, said the operation was conducted by the Drug Enforcement Team of Buhangin Police Station and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
According to the report, the suspects entered Davao City around 1:30 a.m. on Oct. 9, coming from Marawi City.
Morales said their informant contacted the suspects and they agreed to complete the transaction beside Metrobank along Pichon (Magallanes) Street. It was a slight change from their previously agreed location along Carlos P. Garcia Highway.
Reportedly, the suspects handed over P60,000 worth of shabu to the police undercover. The other arresting officers then swooped in to cuff the two suspects.
Recovered from them were 10 sachets containing suspected shabu and the marked money.
“May this serve as a stern warning against drug couriers who will attempt to bring their illegal activities here in Davao Region,” Morales said.
“We will not rest until we will put you all in jail where you belong,” he said.
“Further, rest assured that more drug personalities will fall under our trap as we intensify our campaign against illegal drugs in the coming days,” he added.
The suspects are now detained in the Buhangin Police Station and will be charged with violation of sections 5 and 11 of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1