Two New People’s Army (NPA)s who were the main suspects in the abduction of a cop in 2017 was arrested by authorities in Lupon, Davao Oriental on Monday.
The two suspects were identified as Ricardo Robal Bisaya, 26, single, a resident of Purok New Cebu, Barangay Limot, Tarragona, Davao Oriental, and Lovely Jane Biligay Seroño, 22, and a resident of Purok Baktinan, Barangay Don Mariano Marcos, Lupon, Davao Oriental.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said around 8 a.m. on Monday, a composite team from Lupon Municipal Police Station, 2nd Davao Oriental Police Mobile Force Company, Pantukan Municipal Police Station and 28th Infantry Battalion served the warrant against the two.
The warrant was issued by Regional Trial Court Branch 32 Judge Emilio G. Dayanghirang III.
“The arrested persons were nabbed at Sitio Camarine, Barangay Napnapan, Pantukan, Davao de Oro (Compostela Valley),” Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, said.
He added that Bisaya has a pending warrant of arrest for kidnapping a police officer, Senior Master Sgt. George C. Rupinta, last June 9, 2017 under Criminal Case number 2492-18 with no bail recommended.”
Further, he was also served with a warrant for a case of robbery dated June 22, 2018 with P100,000 bail recommended under Criminal Case number 2493-18; and homicide dated Aug. 20, 2019 with P120,000 recommended bail bond.
Likewise, Seroño was served the warrant for homicide dated August 20, 2019.
The suspects, who are live-in partners, are now under the custody of Lupon MPS for documentation.
“With the joint effort of the AFP-PNP, the long arm of the law has finally reached these criminals. For the NPA remnants, we are doing this because we wish to see our country free from fear, violence, and extremism,” he said.
“We ask you to go down and surrender and give peace a chance so that you can go back to your respective families happily and peacefully especially that the yuletide season is approaching,” he added.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission