An alleged drug pusher was killed by elements of the Sta. Ana police during a buy-bust operation in Anita Lodge located along Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 22-C at 2:38 p.m. on Monday.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, identified him as Mico Ferrer, 20, jobless, and a resident of Purok San Vicente, Barangay 22-C.
Accordingly, when the drug transaction was completed in room 316, the suspect reportedly pulled out his .38 revolver to shoot at the police undercover. The police backup retaliated and gunned down the suspect.
The operating team rushed the suspect to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but he didn’t make it.
Recovered from the suspect were the P1,000 buy-bust money; mentos plastic container containing five sachets of alleged shabu, and one black Cherry Mobile phone.
The total drug evidence had an estimated weight of 0.0505 grams with an estimated street market value of P15,000.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach