Two suspected robbers were killed after they allegedly resisted arrest and fought police operatives in
Marfori II Subdivision in Barangay 9-A, Poblacion District yesterday dawn.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said one of the fatalities was identified as Rogelio Wenceslao, 29, a resident of New Loon, Mintal, Tugbok District. The other is still unidentified.
Investigation said the armed suspects, on board a black motorcycle, held-up a 20-year-old student (name withheld), a resident of Marfori II Subdivision, who was walking in nearby Mabini Street, around 3:50 a.m. yesterday.
At gunpoint, the suspects carted the victim’s wallet, containing at least P900.
As the suspects fled, the victim sought for police help.
Intelligence operatives of San Pedro Police, upon receiving the robbery report, immediately responded.
Under direct supervision of station commander Maj. Melvin Joseph Violan, the operatives were able to corner the suspects along Emerald Street inside Marfori II Subdivision.
But instead of surrendering, one of the suspects opened fire, resulting to the armed confrontation.
As the two suspects were down, they were rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for medical intervention. However, they were declared dead on arrival by their attending physician due to the multiple bullet wounds in their bodies.
Wenceslao was identified based on the two identification cards found inside his wallet. The other fatality has no identification card.
Police recovered the victim’s yellow coin purse containing P933 that he owned, and his school ID card.
Operatives also found a resealable plastic cellophane containing suspected dried marijuana leaves and seeds with estimated street value of P500, a P100 cash, a revolver without serial number with one fired cartridge and four bullets, three fired cartridge of 9 mm and a 12-inch knife.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?