A-50-year-old businessman was shot to death by still unidentified perpetrator in Barangay Lubogan, Toril District on Friday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the station commander of Toril Police Station, identified the victim as Rene Santos, 50, male, married, and resident of Purok 6, Immaculate in Lubogan.
Initial investigation shows that the victim was at the Alcala compound in Purok 5 of Immaculate to check his multicab that is undergoing a painting when the incident happened
An unidentified man – described to be 5’2” tall, slim to solid in built, wearing black sweat shirt, fit maong pants and headgear bonnet – arrived, carrying a gun.
Without any word, the attacker shot the victim twice on the head, resulting to his death.
The gunman immediately left the area on board a white scooter-type motorcycle without plate number, driven by another unidentified man, described as 5’3” tall, chubby in built, wearing half-face black helmet, white jacket and pants.
They fled towards unknown direction.
The victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds on the left portion of his head, was brought to the St. Peter Funeral Parlor along MacArthur Highway in Barangay Lizada, Toril District for the autopsy.
The Scene of the Crime Operative (SOCO) personnel led by Capt. Lauriano Pajente recovered two fired cartridges, believed to be of a .45 caliber pistol.
In an interview yesterday, Clamor said they are looking into personal grudge as the possible motive of the killing.
He said the suspect owned a furniture business.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success