A-50-year-old businessman was shot to death by still unidentified perpetrator in Barangay Lubogan, Toril District on Friday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the station commander of Toril Police Station, identified the victim as Rene Santos, 50, male, married, and resident of Purok 6, Immaculate in Lubogan.
Initial investigation shows that the victim was at the Alcala compound in Purok 5 of Immaculate to check his multicab that is undergoing a painting when the incident happened
An unidentified man – described to be 5’2” tall, slim to solid in built, wearing black sweat shirt, fit maong pants and headgear bonnet – arrived, carrying a gun.
Without any word, the attacker shot the victim twice on the head, resulting to his death.
The gunman immediately left the area on board a white scooter-type motorcycle without plate number, driven by another unidentified man, described as 5’3” tall, chubby in built, wearing half-face black helmet, white jacket and pants.
They fled towards unknown direction.
The victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds on the left portion of his head, was brought to the St. Peter Funeral Parlor along MacArthur Highway in Barangay Lizada, Toril District for the autopsy.
The Scene of the Crime Operative (SOCO) personnel led by Capt. Lauriano Pajente recovered two fired cartridges, believed to be of a .45 caliber pistol.
In an interview yesterday, Clamor said they are looking into personal grudge as the possible motive of the killing.
He said the suspect owned a furniture business.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead