A-50-year-old businessman was shot to death by still unidentified perpetrator in Barangay Lubogan, Toril District on Friday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the station commander of Toril Police Station, identified the victim as Rene Santos, 50, male, married, and resident of Purok 6, Immaculate in Lubogan.
Initial investigation shows that the victim was at the Alcala compound in Purok 5 of Immaculate to check his multicab that is undergoing a painting when the incident happened
An unidentified man – described to be 5’2” tall, slim to solid in built, wearing black sweat shirt, fit maong pants and headgear bonnet – arrived, carrying a gun.
Without any word, the attacker shot the victim twice on the head, resulting to his death.
The gunman immediately left the area on board a white scooter-type motorcycle without plate number, driven by another unidentified man, described as 5’3” tall, chubby in built, wearing half-face black helmet, white jacket and pants.
They fled towards unknown direction.
The victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds on the left portion of his head, was brought to the St. Peter Funeral Parlor along MacArthur Highway in Barangay Lizada, Toril District for the autopsy.
The Scene of the Crime Operative (SOCO) personnel led by Capt. Lauriano Pajente recovered two fired cartridges, believed to be of a .45 caliber pistol.
In an interview yesterday, Clamor said they are looking into personal grudge as the possible motive of the killing.
He said the suspect owned a furniture business.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos