A P10 million worth of medical assistance donated to the city by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) will benefit indigent Davaoñeos.
Last Friday, the PCSO handed over a P10 million check to the city government as financial assistance to the clients of the Malasakit Center in the city.
PCSO General Manager Royina Garma said the budget came from the charity funds of the PCSO that is to be used as medical assistance for the indigent Filipinos.
“Since people come here in Davao for hospitalization, it is just right that we put budget here for their benefit, especially that SPMC is located here,” Garma said.
The Malasakit Center (formerly Pagkalinga sa Bayan) is primarily run by the city government for medical and financial aid to Davaoñeos. It serves as a one-stop-shop for all government agencies including City Government of Davao with its Lingap Para sa Mahirap Program, PCSO, PhilHealth, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), and the Office of the President.
Mayor Sara Duterte expressed thanks to the PCSO for the said grant that will benefit people who are admitted in SPMC, as well as with other participating hospitals in the City.
“We are very thankful to the PCSO for its support for medical and financial assistance for the indigent Dabawenyos. This additional fund means that more people can be made beneficiaries,” the Mayor said.
Late last month, the City Council approved an ordinance allowing City Mayor Sara Duterte to deal with the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on the P10 million financial assistance for indigent patients.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead