Japanese firms have expressed interest into investing in the manufacturing industry in the city, a top official of the foreign country said last week.
In the opening of the three-day Davao Japanese Community’s 100th Anniversary Business Seminar attended by about 150 representatives from different Japanese companies Friday, Japanese Consul General Yoshiaki Miwa said a number of Japanese manufacturing firms are interested to venture with local firms.
“Manufacturing industry has a very wide range. We can start at a level that will match the level of industry in the city. We just have to create a strategy,” Miwa said as he pushed for a company-to-company relationship between the Japanese manufacturing companies and their local counterparts.
“I understand that the Davao City Investment and Promotion Center (DCIPC) and Davao City Chamber of Commerce Industry Inc. (DCCCII) know about this and are thinking about ways to accommodate the manufacturing sector,” Miwa said.
On the other hand, the local business group in the city said they are looking for a prospect industrial park in the city.
“We have to have an industrial component here because it will not just help the economic development of the city but the farmers as well. We are trying to push for the creation of an industrial park so that we can have a venue for processing and investors to come,” DCCCII President Arturo Milan said.
He added that the establishment of the industrial park will open opportunities for investors and even technologies to come in.
DCIPC Head April Marie Dayap, meanwhile, said the Japanese businessmen expressed interest in the fields of agri-tourism, waste composting companies, and tourism.
She said the interest of the Japanese firms will further open for employment opportunities to Davaoñeos and expand the foreign investment portfolio of the City.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1