A group of teachers here expressed hopes that the city officials will bring their clamor for a salary hike to the national government.
The Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) Davao City Chapter said they are thankful of the event organized by the city government through Mayor Sara Duterte to recognize the efforts of the teachers in the city last Friday in time for the Teacher’s Day.
In the same day, they also voiced out their continued call for a salary hike.
“We are hoping that (the city government) has passion to augment or even bring our voice to the national to answer the long clamor of the teachers to have a decent and substantial salary increase,” said Reynaldo Pardillo, ACT Davao City president, in a message to TIMES.
He said their call for the hike is within the hopes that their “take home pay can take us home also.”
The ACT Davao City joins the other members of the alliance from all over the country for the said call that they describe as long overdue.
“Public school teachers and other government employees have long been calling for a substantial increase in their salaries. Meanwhile, government is so quick to call them ‘too ambitious’ even to the extent of calling those who rally on the streets fighting for their basic rights as terrorists,” said ACT Teachers Rep. France Castro.
The group also called the administration to prioritize budget for social services including a substantial salary increase for government employees who are at the forefront of providing services for the Filipino people.
“We all suffer with measly wages that do not give justice to our dedicated service nor provide the barest of our families’ needs. We whimper with every strike of price hike, tax imposition, and budget cut on social services, which are dictated by the Duterte regime’s policies that adhere to market-oriented governance,” a press statement from ACT reads.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market