Police arrested 252 individuals in a 10-day operations against all forms of crimes in the city.
Major Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said the drive, initiated by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) under city director Col. Alexander Tagum, was held from Oct. 20-30.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, said 36 suspected drug pushers apprehended in 31 buy-bust operations.
Topping the period’s accomplishment on illegal drugs was the apprehension of Jaymark Navarro, 27, from Barangay Kapitan Tomas Monteverde, Agdao District, who was busted with almost P500,000 worth of shabu.
In the campaign against most wanted persons, 64 individuals were nabbed out of the 56 operations conducted.
This is result of the simultaneous conduct of Oplan Dabaw Kalinaw in all 12 police stations in the city,
Further, the DCPO’s Robbery, Akyat Bahay, Theft, Snatching (R.A.T.S) recorded 11 operations with 11 suspects arrested.
The drive against illegal gambling also resulted to the arrest of 68 persons in 26 operations.
In other forms of crime, there was a total of 34 police operations with 71 arrested persons. These included stabbing, alarm and scandal, illegal possession of deadly weapon, falsification of public document, physical injury and malicious mischief.
Morales commended the DCPO for its “remarkable contribution to the peace and order in the city.”
“This is a clear manifestation that our enhanced police operations indeed paid off. We will assure you that we will continue the gains of our campaign against crimes, illegal drugs, and corruption to that we will all enjoy lasting peace and security in our region,” he said.
He also emphasized that public’s cooperation is one of the factors of the immediate arrest of hunted fugitives.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021