Barely two weeks after the kick-off ceremony, the two-classroom school building was turned over to the Compostela Valley government in Purok 3, Barangay Panansalan on Oct. 3. The school building also came with a dirty kitchen, and a teacher’s cottage.
In addition, a vegetable garden or “Gulayan sa Paaralan” was also put up beside the school.
Named after the purok chairman who donated a portion of his land, the Jacinto Public Elementary School, will soon be used by about 39 pupils, which will resume classes on Oct. 7, 2019 with the appointment of two new teachers in the area.
This becomes the first school site to finish among the five school building identified in the geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas and conflict-affected areas in Compostela Valley, which kicked off on Sept. 20, 2019.
“The heroes are not found on TV. They are the people who built this school, they are the heroes right here with us,” Vice Governor Maricar Zamora said.
For his part, Gov. Tyron Uy thanked the partners and volunteers, particularly the lead team, the Office of the Provincial Administrator under Virigilia S. Allones, in partnership with LGU Compostela under Mayor Lema Bolo, Mawab Mayor Ruperto Gonzaga, Provincial Human Resource and Development Office, Comval Scholarship Program volunteers, and the Department of Education.
The four school sites are located in Side 4, Barangay Mangayon, Compostela; Purok 3, Barangay Pagsabangan in New Bataan; Sitio Sapanglubog, Barangay Tibagon in Pantukan; and Sitio Danawan, Barangay Manurigao in New Bataan kicked off on Sept. 29, 2019.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized