Visual Artists from different regions claimed that art pieces are worthy investments that will yield huge returns in the future.
ART SELLS says visual artist from different regions during the Art Talk at the RBG Grill, Park Inn Hotel.
“Our typical mindset when it comes to return of investment, we have to take sciences, business and technology,” Dinky Munda Jr., representing the Tabula Rasa group, said.
“Art sells, art is a good market, we can earn dollars without leaving the country as animators, film makers, designers, and game developers,” he said.
Artists from all over Mindanao are coming together to show their masterpieces to a much wider audience, along with a series of inspirational talks, in the very 1st Mindanao Art Fair, Exhibit and Conferences on Oct. 5 to 6 at the Atrium of Gaisano Mall of Davao.
The Mindanao Art 2019 is part of the celebration of the Museums and Galleries Month by the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts.
Apart from that, Lawig-Diwa, a group of visual artists in Davao, hoped that the event will pave the way to building a sustainable art industry for talented creators in the region.
Stella Estremera of Lawig-Diwa said the event hopes to gather art curators and art enthusiasts in one place and facilitate trades and partnership.
“Although we are very active in the art world but it’s still not an industry. Actually, that’s what the Mindanao Art Fair is trying to address, that is why we are also inviting the collectors. We have to build an industry so that the artists can now make more art without going hungry,” Estremera said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos