Visual Artists from different regions claimed that art pieces are worthy investments that will yield huge returns in the future.
ART SELLS says visual artist from different regions during the Art Talk at the RBG Grill, Park Inn Hotel.
“Our typical mindset when it comes to return of investment, we have to take sciences, business and technology,” Dinky Munda Jr., representing the Tabula Rasa group, said.
“Art sells, art is a good market, we can earn dollars without leaving the country as animators, film makers, designers, and game developers,” he said.
Artists from all over Mindanao are coming together to show their masterpieces to a much wider audience, along with a series of inspirational talks, in the very 1st Mindanao Art Fair, Exhibit and Conferences on Oct. 5 to 6 at the Atrium of Gaisano Mall of Davao.
The Mindanao Art 2019 is part of the celebration of the Museums and Galleries Month by the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts.
Apart from that, Lawig-Diwa, a group of visual artists in Davao, hoped that the event will pave the way to building a sustainable art industry for talented creators in the region.
Stella Estremera of Lawig-Diwa said the event hopes to gather art curators and art enthusiasts in one place and facilitate trades and partnership.
“Although we are very active in the art world but it’s still not an industry. Actually, that’s what the Mindanao Art Fair is trying to address, that is why we are also inviting the collectors. We have to build an industry so that the artists can now make more art without going hungry,” Estremera said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories