The Police Regional Office XI has recorded 685 arrests during the Oplan Kalinaw operations from June to August this year.
According to the police report, they served 640 arrest warrants during that same period.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of PRO XI, said the anti-criminality campaign is comprised of intensified checkpoints, mobile patrols, intelligence monitoring, community education, and documenting residents and transients in the different communities.
In this period, Baria said the background check and profiling of persons reached a total of 20,653 Households visited with 22,697 persons profiled.
On the community outreach program covering the same period, a total of 468 activities were conducted with 27,062 participants who were provided with medical services all throughout the region.
On Community Empowerment Information Activities, a total of 598 Pulong-pulong activities were conducted with 31,886 participants.
Leading the rank with highest number of arrested persons is DCPO with 290, followed by Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office (DSPPO)- 125; Compostela Valley CVPPO- 111; Davao del Norte DNPPO-71; Davao Occidental DOCCPO- 34; Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) 11- 33; and Davao Oriental DOPPO with 23.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, the Oplan Kalinaw was created through the initiative of Davao City Police Office chief Col. Alexander C. Tagum. It was then replicated throughout the region after the initial assessment proved that it was successful in promoting citizen awareness on terrorism and criminality, as well as ill-effects of drug abuse.
“This program has helped us develop a positive image and perception toward the public, gain their trust and confidence, and solicit their active support for the PNP,” Morales said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission