A suspected drug pusher who allegedly resisted arrest was killed in an operation conducted by the Sta. Ana Police Station last Wednesday night.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, identified the suspect as Jupeth Adlawan Paylado, 28, single, construction worker, and resident of Gotango, Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao District.
Morales said Paylado was previously arrested for drug offense and was also involved in robbery incidents.
He said the target engaged the police operatives in a gun fight as he tried to elude arrest after a consummated drug transaction in Gotango at around 9:10 p.m. Wednesday.
“Accordingly, the suspect violently resisted arrest,” Morales said. “He did shoot it out with the police officers when he was to be arrested but missed the target.”
Paylado was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Police recovered six sachets believed to contain shabu weighting two grams worth P20,000 and the P500 buy-bust money from Paylado’s possession.
Found in the crime scene was a .38 revolver loaded with five live ammunition and one fired cartridge and a 9mm empty shell.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1